Civic Entrepreneurship Contest
In order to encourage the development of new civic engagement and leadership, a contest will be held in relation to New Orleans Entrepreneurship Week. The details of the contest will be developed and announced at the launch date; however, here are the major parameters:
- Any group of persons or organizations may submit a project proposal (“Project Team”)
- The project proposal must be for a new civic engagement project that directly impacts the Greater New Orleans area and must be for “charitable” purposes as defined by Section 501 of the IRS Code;
- The project proposal must illustrate how this project will encourage and promote leadership development;
- The project proposal must demonstrate that the project is sustainable and will likely lead to a significant civic impact; and,
- It is encouraged that the Project Team be diverse and incorporate at least a few persons with little to no prior civic leadership experience.